Total Time: 30 minutes (plus 1 hour marinade time)
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, unrefined
- 1 teaspoon raw unfiltered honey
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 pound flank steak, organic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup , thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, gluten free
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, ground
- 19 leaves Thai basil, organic
- Combine all marinade ingredients and rub into beef. Marinate beef for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. When oil is hot, add red onion, green onion, and bean sprouts and sear for 2 minutes, stirring. Set aside on serving dish.
- Add beef to same wok and sear until rare. Add hoisin sauce and toss until coated. Add ground peanuts and basil and cook until meat is medium rare.
- Serve meat over onions and bean sprouts.
Health Benefits of Seven Flavor Beef
Ginger, garlic and onion, AKA a Monk's dismay. is an All-Star combination for increasing sex drive and function. The spices and red chilies in this dish also help to decrease depression and increase circulation. Not to mention this sweet and spicy seven flavor beef dish is just plain deeelish!