Sichuan Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- Cook beans in boiling water for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into an ice bath. Pat beans completely dry.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add green beans and cook 3 minutes or until browned. Spoon them into a bowl.
- Add shallots, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper to same pan. Sauté until garlic begins to brown. Return green beans to wok. Add vinegar and Bragg’s sauce to pan. Toss to combine. Serve
Health Benefits of Sichuan Green Beans
Green beans are a wonderful source of antioxidants like vitamin C and vitamin A. In terms of fighting inflammation, the garlic and ginger are the key ingredients here, as they offer powerful immune support and anti-inflammatory properties. The mushroom broth adds valuable vitamins and minerals, and the coconut oil has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties. It is a perfect veggie side dish for a week night dinner or for pairing with a holiday meal!