- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 10 eggs
- 8 ounces
- 16 asparagus, very thinly sliced spears, blanched
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Whisk together eggs, onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Heat small sauté pan over medium heat. Rub the end of a butter stick over the cooking surface. Add ¼ of the egg mixture to the pan, scraping the cooked eggs from the bottom several times, so some of the cooked eggs are brought to the surface, then let them cook until the eggs set.
- Flip eggs and place 2 ounces smoked salmon and 4 spears asparagus into the center of the circle. When egg has cooked all the way through, fold over and transfer to a plate. Garnish with sliced green onions.
Health Benefits of a Smoked Salmon & Asparagus Omelet
Salmon, rich in omega-3 fatty acids is great for your heart and for fighting off inflammation. Crimini mushrooms are fabulous immune boosters and the eggs are one of the most complete protein sources you can eat! This combo makes this dish a great way to start your day!