Smoked Salmon Caper Rolls with Dairy Free Cream Sauce
Makes: 12 rolls
Total Time: 35 minutes
Cream Sauce Ingredients
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond oil, unrefined
- 1 large garlic clove
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, brined
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 leek, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
1. Combine egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, and salt in medium bowl. With a hand blender blend until sauce thickens. Add the almond oil in very slow thin stream, whisking constantly, until the sauce thickens. Add garlic and blend until sauce is smooth. If sauce gets too thick, add cold water as needed to achieve desired consistency. Cover and chill.
2. Gently separate and lay the salmon strips on a work surface and spoon ½ teaspoon cream sauce onto salmon. Top with red onions, leeks, capers, and dill and roll up tightly into a neat roll. Repeat to make 12 rolls. Serve immediately garnished with fresh dill.
You will have some sauce left over. This is a delicious mayonnaise substitute!