- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons raw unfiltered honey
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- To Taste sea salt and pepper
- 1 medium red cabbage, cored and shredded (about 2 pounds)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup black currant jelly
- In a large skillet heat butter, honey, and vinegar over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
Add the cabbage, stirring to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. When the cabbage begins to soften add the apple pieces and stir.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the cabbage is soft, about 45 minutes. Stir in the currant jelly. Taste and adjust the seasoning, then serve.