- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast for about 8 minutes or just until fragrant. Cool completely.
- Stuff each date with a piece of walnut. (Remove pits from dates beforehand if necessary.)
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the dates and stir to coat. Cook until they are thoroughly heated through.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt. Serve!
I have to say, these toasted walnut stuffed dates are one the healthiest desserts you can make! Dates are awesome because they are naturally very sweet and can also make for a great replacement in recipes that call for refined sugar. They are also nice little energy boosters and contain a number of B vitamins and minerals.
Walnuts are also a fabulous component of this easy recipe because first off, they add in a hearty dose of healthy fats to slow down the absorption of the date sugar— making for much more stable blood sugar levels than what often results from other types of dessert consumption. They are also high in antioxidants like vitamin E which helps to beautify your skin and protect your heart.