Total Time: 1.5 hours
- 2 small yellow onions, diced
- 2 medium yams, diced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 15oz can kidney beans
- 3 15oz can black beans
- 2 15oz can tomatoes, diced
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 16 ounces fresh organic sweet corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons salt, (more or less to taste)
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- 2 , sliced
- 1 bunch
- to taste Organic corn tortilla chips
- Combine onion and yam in large skillet and cook over medium-high heat with olive oil until onion becomes translucent (5-10 minutes). Remove from heat and toss with spices (cumin, cayenne, and chili powder).
- In a large pot, combine beans, canned tomatoes, veggie stock, and onion/yam mixture and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat down to simmer for about 45 minutes (no lid) until broth begins to thicken.
- Add salt, pepper and corn kernels and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with sliced avocado, crushed tortilla chips, and cilantro.