1. Toss the berries and sugar together in a small bowl. Add half of the apple cider vinegar and mash with a fork. Let sit in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
2. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the macerated berries into the bottom of a pretty highball glass.
3. Add 1/2oz apple cider vinegar on top of the berries to each glass.
4. Fill the glasses with ice and top with sparkling water.
5. Stir gently, leaving some separation of color intact.
6. Garnish with herb leaves.
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a wonderdrink if ever there was one! It is truly a pantry and medicine cabinet staple. ACV can both prevent and relieve indigestion, relieve cramping of body muscles with its mega delivery of potassium, balance candida, and assist with insulin sensitivity by preventing the rise of glucose after consuming sugars like starch. Drinking vinegars as apertifs are a lovely palate-cleanser and a clever way to avoid loading up on sugar during the cocktail hour. Once your taste for ACV grows, you can skip the sugar altogether in this recipe!