Wild Rice Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Cranberries and Pepitas
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pepitas, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- To Taste sea salt and pepper
- Bake the sweet potatoes in a 400 degree F oven for 1 hour or until fork tender.
- Cook the rice in the vegetable broth.
- While rice and potato are cooking, sauté the onion in the butter until soft and translucent. Add the pepitas and cranberries and sauté about 3 minutes. Add the finished wild rice and mix together.
- Remove potatoes from oven and slice in half lengthwise. Create a pocket and stuff the sweet potato with stuffing. Serve