Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, (or yellow, green or orange) julienned
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 1½ cups coconut milk, canned
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 small yellow potatoes, diced
- 1 head escarole, cut in half
- 1 Thai basil, (regular basil is fine too)
- 1 salt
- 1 ground black pepper
- Sauté carrots and onions over medium heat in 1 tbsp of oil until completely tender. Add garlic and yellow curry paste and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce, water & yellow potatoes to pot. Bring to a boil and then quickly lower heat so the pot simmers, gently stirring occasionally. Cook until potatoes are cooked through and sauce has thickened. Check curry for seasoning and add salt and pepper if desired.
- While the curry is simmering, toss in the remaining coconut oil with the escarole and season with salt and pepper. Grill escarole on high flame until it becomes charred on the edges.
- Place escarole in the center of the plate and ladle finished curry on top. Garnish with basil and serve with rice on the side!
The turmeric found in curries is truly one of the most phenomenal spices in the world when it comes to health benefits. It's ability to decrease inflammation, reduce blood pressure, fight cancer and even prevent Alzheimer's is truly amazing! Incorporating curries into your meal plan can do much to support the health of your body and prevent any unwanted future dis-ease.