Rack of Lamb with Garlic and Herbs
For lamb Ingredients
- 2 rack of lamb, (8-rib) frenched (each rack 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ghee
For herb coating Ingredients
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, unrefined extra virgin
Total time: 1 hr
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Pat lamb dry and rub meat all over with salt and pepper. Heat ghee in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add the lamb to the skillet and brown racks, in 2 batches if necessary, on all sides. Transfer racks to a small roasting pan.
2. Stir together garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, and oil. Coat lamb with herb mixture, pressing to help adhere. Place in oven and roast for 15 minutes, then cover lamb loosely with foil and roast an additional 5-10 minutes more or until a thermometer inserted into center of meat registers 120°F.
3. Let the lamb rest loosely covered for 10 minutes. (The internal temperature will rise to 125 to 130°F for a perfect medium-rare) Cut each rack into 4 double chops.