If you live in Montreal, or anywhere near a greenhouse business, you may have seen signs for basil seeds. You may have also thought to yourself “Wow that’s a great deal!”, only to find out the next day that all but one of them are sold out. This happened to be me somewhat recently.
Buy Basil Seeds in Montreal
Basil is one of the easiest herbs to grow. It’s a great choice for beginners because it doesn’t need much attention and can be harvested early in its life, making it perfect for people who don’t have a lot of time to garden.
Basil seeds can be planted for use in cooking or for decorative purposes. Basil seeds are small, black and round with a white spot on one side. They are also referred to as opal basil seeds because they have a very shiny appearance. These seeds are easy to plant once you know how long it takes them to germinate and grow into full-size plants.
Plant basil from seed indoors or outside, and you’ll be rewarded with fresh, flavorful leaves throughout the season.
- Buying Basil Seeds in Montreal
- If you’re looking for where to buy basil seeds in Montreal, try these local retailers:
- Gardenworks – 3 locations
- Marche Jean-Talon – 4 locations (including one in St-Michel)
Finding Basil Seeds in Montreal
If you’re looking to start your own garden, it can be hard to find the right seeds. Basil is a great herb to grow because it’s easy to take care of and adds a lot of flavour to any dish. We’ve put together some of our favorite places to find basil seeds in Montreal
- IGA Extra
IGA Extra has a wide selection of fresh produce and ingredients at affordable prices. They also have an extensive selection of herbs and spices, including basil seeds.
- Planet Organic
Planet Organic is a family-owned grocery store that focuses on organic foods. They have a large variety of herbs, spices and vegetables for sale as well as bulk organic seeds for sale by the pound or kilogram.
3.Marché Central Atrium Farmers Market
The Atrium Farmers Market has been around since 1977 and is open every Saturday from 8:00 am until 3:00 pm (weather permitting). The market offers local produce, baked goods and artisanal products from local vendors selling their wares out of their vehicles (or booths).
Why Do You Need Basil to Your Diet?
Basil is a popular herb that has been used for centuries. You may have seen it in your garden or on the menu at your favorite restaurant. Basil can be used to flavor many different dishes, but it is also a nutritious addition to any diet. Here are some reasons why you should add basil seeds to your diet:
- Basil seeds have high levels of antioxidants. Antioxidants help protect cells from damage by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage DNA and other important parts of cells if they are not controlled. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals and prevent them from damaging cells.
- Basil seeds contain a wide variety of vitamins and minerals that are essential for good health. These include vitamin A, C, K, folate and iron among others. All these vitamins and minerals are important for helping your body grow and develop normally as well as keeping you healthy during all stages of life including infancy and old age.
- 3) Basil seeds contain chromogenic acid which helps control blood sugar levels by slowing down absorption of glucose after meals which prevents spikes in blood sugar levels that can lead to diabetes mellitus type 2 (DM). By controlling blood sugar levels, chromogenic acid also helps control weight gain
Where Can You Buy Best Basil Seeds in Montreal?
Are you a fan of cooking? Are you looking for some new recipes for your kitchen? If so, then you may want to try growing some herbs in your garden. Growing herbs is easy and they can be used in a variety of ways. Basil is one of the most popular herbs to grow, especially because it is so versatile and easy to use in many different dishes. This article will discuss where you can buy basil seeds and how to grow them properly at home so that you can have fresh basil at all times.
Buy Basil Seeds in Montreal
There are several places that sell basil seeds online as well as locally through garden centers or nurseries. You should first make sure that the seeds are not treated with pesticides or chemicals before buying them online or from a local store. Also, if possible, try to purchase certified organic seeds from reputable companies like Johnny’s Selected Seeds or Seed Savers Exchange.
This is a comprehensive guide to buying basil seeds in the Montreal area. At the end of the post, you will find all the seed shops in Montreal who sell the product, along with their address, website, email and phone number.