Cajun Shrimp Tacos with Chili Sour Cream
Chili Sour Cream Ingredients
- 2 cups sour cream, organic, or plain whole fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 2 pounds shrimp, uncooked, medium sized, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 8 soft or hard sprouted corn taco shells
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 3 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
For sour cream: Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Season with salt. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill.)
For shrimp: Combine chili powder and paprika in large bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand 5 minutes. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add shrimp; sauté until opaque in center, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small bowl.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange taco shells on heavy large baking sheet. Bake until hot, about 8 minutes. Place shells in napkin-lined basket. Place shrimp, sour cream, avocados, and chopped cilantro in separate bowls. Serve!