Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
Makes: 18 Wings
For Wings Ingredients
- 18 Chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dark maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
For Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup honey, raw unfiltered
- 1 tablespoon tobasco
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat the oven to 375.
1. Combine the salt, garlic, pepper, cayenne, maple syrup, and paprika. Wash, dry, and season the wings with the maple syrup mixture.
2. Butter a cookie sheet and place the wings in a single layer on the cookie sheet, and place in the oven. Cook for 35-40 minutes, depending on the size of the wings, turning once.
3. While the wings are baking, make the sauce by slowly simmering the sauce ingredients over the lowest heat. When the wings are done baking, carefully dip them in the sauce, and place them back in the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling.