Vanilla Garbanzo Bean (Chickpea) Milk
Makes: 1 gallon
- 3 cups dried garbanzo beans
- 4 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Soak 2-3 cups of beans in a large container with enough water to expand the volume by 2-3 times for 24 hours.
2. Strain and rinse beans. Place beans and dates in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy, adding as much water as needed.
3. In a large pot, bring 1 gallon of water to a boil. Add the bean paste, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir well, and let simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool and strain through a fine mesh strainer or squeeze through cheesecloth.
You can save the bean fiber for chickpea pancakes, savory patties, hash browns, falafel or hamburger filler!