Winter Citrus Salad
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into sections, pith removed
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 red onion, sliced paper thin
- 8 ounces arugula
- 2 tablespoons all natural cranberry concentrate
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dark maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- In a small bowl, toss together the orange, pomegranate seeds and red onion.
- Arrange a bed of arugula in the serving dishes and plate the citrus mix on top.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the liquid ingredients and salt.
- To serve, drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Pomegranate seeds are high in antioxidants, lower cholesterol levels, and fight cellular damage. They are also packed with vitamin C and B5. Some of their properties may assist in preventing cramping and additionally assist in addressing insulin resistance. There are more phytochemicals in this salad in the form of arugula, which also assists in the battle against free radicals. Arugula is a rich source of folic acid—water soluble B vitamins, which promote blood health.