Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 celery stalk, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf, dried
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 28 oz can diced organic tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 pounds cod fillets, cut into 2-inch chucks
- 16 large shrimp, ask for de-veined easy-peel shrimp at the seafood counter
- 16 sea scallops
- 19 mussels, scrubbed
- 1 sea salt and pepper
1. In a large pot over moderate heat combine the oil, onion, celery, garlic, anchovies, red pepper, and bay leaf. Cook until onions are translucent and soft. Add wine, chicken stock, tomatoes, thyme and parsley. Bring the sauce to a bubble and reduce the heat to medium-low.
2. Add the fish, shrimp, scallops, and mussels and, cover the pot. Cook for 10 minutes, gently stir once.
3. Remove the lid and discard any mussels that do not open. Carefully ladle the stew into shallow bowls. No salt is needed for this dish as the anchovies provide natural salt.