Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup kale, or collard greens, firmly packed, stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, loosely packed
- 1 apple, Granny Smith, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 banana, large, ripe, and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups coconut water
Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. (If it’s too thick, add more coconut water.)
This easy green smoothie is a mineral-rich, digestive-aiding, electrolyte-balancing breakfast of champions! Kale provides you with a while lot of fiber, vitamins A, C and K and antioxidants up the wazoo! Parsley helps to cleanse your kidneys and keep toxins moving out of your body. Cucumbers flush out toxins as well, and also contain an abundance of important fluid-balancing minerals, as does coconut water.
The combination of all these nutrient-dense, cleansing ingredients is an incredibly healthy way to start your day, or to enjoy while relaxing outside during the hot summer months. It will keep you feeling refreshed and well hydrated.
If you do choose to consume it as a meal, and need a bit more substance, add in a raw organic egg* or a teaspoon of coconut oil!
*Note: Consumption of raw or undercooked eggs may increase your risk of food borne illness.