Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 pounds black cod
- 6 cups water
- 1 bay leaf, dried
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, roughly chopped, pitted
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- To Taste sea salt and pepper
1. Place the black cod, water, and bay leaf in a medium saucepan over medium heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the cod flakes easily. Remove the fish from the pan and cool to room temperature.
2. Combine the celery, bell pepper, olives, capers, garlic, chili flakes and parsley in a medium stainless-steel mixing bowl. Using a fork, flake the cooled salt cod in bite-size pieces into the bowl with the vegetables; stir well to mix. Dress the salad with the olive oil and lemon juice. Toss, then season with salt and pepper. Serve chilled.