Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Shallots
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3 pounds yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 sea salt and pepper
- 8 shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a simmer over medium-heat and cook, uncovered, until tender, about 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking sauté the shallots in olive oil until caramelized and nicely browned.
- Drain the potatoes and add the butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste; mash with a potato masher or fork. Spoon the potatoes into a serving dish and top with the caramelized shallots.