Creamy Garlic Balsamic Dressing
Makes: 1 cup
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil, unrefined extra virgin
- 1 sea salt and pepper
- In a food processor or using a hand blender, pulse the garlic, shallot, mustard and vinegar until smooth and creamy.
- With motor running, slowly add the olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
First of all, making your own salad dressing has major health benefits, purely because of the oil choice and sugar content. Take a look at any salad dressing at your grocery store and you’ll be sure to find not so healthy vegetable oils like canola or soybean as one of the first ingredients (if not the first). These commercial dressings are also typically loaded with extra sugar. Not in our salad dressings! We choose to use quality, heart healthy oils like olive oil in this creamy garlic balsamic dressing, and we never add in refined sugar. Our salad dressings are all Good Decisions!