Whisk Licken’ Maple Nutmeg Whipped Cream
Makes: 4 cups
Total Time: 7 minutes
- 2 cups organic heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons dark maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- Beat the cream on high speed with an electric mixer until it begins to thicken and get slightly stiff.
- Add in the maple syrup, almond extract, and nutmeg. Continue whipping the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Lick straight off the whisk or serve with our Bourbon Maple Crustless Pecan Pie!
Maple Nutmeg Whipped Cream Health Benefit Alert!
Ok, yes, this is a dairy free site, but you know me… every once in a while I just have to partake in something as delicious as homemade whipped cream, don’t you? The holidays are the perfect time of year to enjoy this deliciously decadent treat!
Note that if your body does well with dairy, then cream may be a healthy food for you. But if your pulse elevates, or if you get an increase in mucus in your nose, throat, or your joints start to ache, then dairy may not be a good decision for you. Everyone is beautifully different! Pay attention to how you feel after you eat it.
How did you do?