Total Time: 10 minutes (plus 30 minutes to chill)
- 1½ cups cashews, raw and organic
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, canned
- 2 dried dates, pitted and soaked
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 tablespoon raw unfiltered honey
- Place cashews in a food processor and blend. Add remaining ingredients and blend until completely smooth, adding more coconut milk if necessary. You want to end up with a smooth yogurt-like texture, not nut butter.
- Chill for 30 minutes. Scoop into serving bowls and serve with fresh fruit.
Note: Recipe can chill in the fridge for up to 3 days (the banana will cause the color to oxidize, but it’s harmless!)
Eat your fats! While generally lower in all fats than other nuts, the kind of fats that cashews do contain are the heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, akin to those in coconut oil and olive oil. These types of fats are particularly healthy for the heart because they serve to reduce the carriers of fats in the bloodstream— triglycerides. Other cardio benefits of cashews include high antioxidant levels and a fabulously high dose of copper, which is known to assist in enzyme activity, especially for skin health and bone and joint development.
This cashew-gurt is rich and satisfying enough to feel a little indulgent, yet packed with enough health benefits to call it your morning medicine! Give it a try!