Pan Roasted Sea Bass With Avocado Citrus Puree
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 6oz Chilean sea bass fillets, 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 avocado, peeled and de-pitted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 sea salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
Preheat oven to 425°F.
1. In a food processor puree the avocado, garlic, orange juice, and lime juice. Season with cayenne, salt and pepper. With the machine on, gradually blend in 2 tablespoons avocado oil.
2. Pat fish dry. Season with salt and pepper. Heat ghee in a large heavy ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Place filets in pan presentation side down (skin side up). Sear until nicely browned. Flip the filets so that the skin side is down and place in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cover with foil.
3. Spoon the puree onto 4 plates and place fillets on top. Serve!