Total Time: 25 minutes
For the shrimp Ingredients
- 1/2 pound shrimp, jumbo, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, unrefined extra virgin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- To Taste unrefined sea salt
- To Taste
For the pesto Ingredients
- 1 medium , pitted and skinned
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed, stems removed
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
Blend together the avocado, basil, lemon juice, garlic, pumpkin seeds, and water. Slowly drizzle in the avocado oil until all the ingredients are combined.
In a large saucepan heat olive oil to medium heat. Add shrimp to pan and sprinkle with cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes per side until shrimp are no longer opaque. Remove shrimp from pan.
Smear a generous spoonful of the pesto onto each plate. Place shrimp on pesto and garnish with additional basil, pumpkin seeds, or shredded lettuce.