Simple Butternut Squash Soup
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 butternut squash, (2-3 pounds), peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock, organic
- 1 nutmeg, ground
- 1 sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Peel and de-seed squash. Cut into 1-inch chunks.
- In large pot melt the butter. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add squash and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender to purée. Return blended squash to pot.
- Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
This simple butternut squash soup is such a delicious fall favorite! It is very high in dietary fiber and also contains significant amounts of potassium and vitamin B6. Since it’s a bright orange color, we also know that it’s loaded with vitamin A which helps to boost the health of our eyes and skin.