Simple Grilled Ribeye
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 beef ribeye steaks, (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch-thick)
- To Taste sea salt and pepper
1. Remove the steak from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature, about 30 to 45 minutes.
2. Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium high heat (about 450°F)
3. Season the steak on all sides with salt and pepper. Place the steak on the grates and cover the grill. Cook, undisturbed, until grill marks appear on the bottom of the steak, about 5 minutes. Flip the steak, cover the grill, and cook until the steak’s medium rare, about 4-5 minutes more. To check for doneness, use an instant-read thermometer; it should register between 125°F and 130°F.
4. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.