Total Time: 45 minutes
- 8 prawns, peeled, cleaned and deveined
- 8 medium , rinsed and drained
- 12 small mussels, scrubbed and rinsed
- 1 pound cuttlefish, cleaned and cut into thin calamari rounds
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely sliced to the size of noodles, reserving the fronds for garnish
- 2 , finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chili, finely sliced
- 1 sea salt and pepper
1. Clean seafood according to above instructions. Set aside.
2. Bring a medium sized pot of water to boil. Place the fennel in the boiling water and blanch for 2-3 minutes or until or until just cooked. Place fennel in a strainer and rinse well with cold water. Set aside. The sliced fennel is what gives this dish a pasta feel without the pasta.
3. Place the shallots, garlic and wine in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Once the wine is simmering, add the mussels in their shells. Cover the pan and cook the mussels for 3-4 minutes. Remove the mussels from the pan and discard any mussels that haven't opened.
4. Return the pan to the heat and add the olive oil and butter. Add the lemon zest and juice. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Add fennel, scallops, calamari, and prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes and all seafood has lost its translucency. Season with salt and plenty of fresh ground black pepper. Place mussels back into the pan and stir to coat them in all the juices. Remove pan from the heat.
5. Divide Seafood and fennel mixture evenly into 4 pasta bowls. Garnish with green onions, fennel fronds, and chili slices. Serve