Cilantro Lime Pan Seared Scallops
- 8 large scallops
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, gluten free
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1 fresh cilantro, (as garnish)
- 1 unrefined sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pat dry the scallops and lay them on a tray. Season them generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- Bring coconut oil to medium high heat and sear scallops until nicely browned. Turn and cook until medium rare, or desired tenderness.
- Remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same pan, add ginger, garlic, chicken stock, lime juice, oyster sauce and Bragg’s sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Place scallops on plates and drizzle the sauce over them. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Health Benefits of Scallops
Scallops are an absolutely phenomenal source of protein. A 3 ounce serving has about 17 whole grams! They are also very rich in vitamin B12 which is important for energy and neurological functioning. As with any food that comes from the sea, you will also find a nice array of minerals in scallops such as phosphorus, selenium, zinc, iron, calcium and magnesium. Minerals are are the “spark plugs” of the body and are essential for nerve impulses, energy production, muscle and brain function, cell repair and the balancing of bodily fluids.