- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, stems trimmed and washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add broccoli rabe. Toss until coated, add water and cook until heated through, add about 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper strips and toss to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Health Benefits of Broccoli Rabe with Red Peppers & Garlic
A cruciferous delight! What nutrients doesn't broccoli have? Rich in vitamins A, C, and minerals calcium, magnesium and iron... this is just the beginning! The antioxidant prowess of broccoli is heralded throughout the US, and add garlic and red pepper to this dish and your immune system will also get a boost.