Pan Seared Rib Eye
Total Time: minutes
- 4 rib eye steaks, boneless, 1 1/2 inches thick
- To Taste ghee, to coat
- To Taste sea salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
1. Bring Steak to room temperature. Coat the steak lightly with ghee and sprinkle both sides generously with salt and pepper.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Place the steak in the middle of the hot, dry skillet. Cook for 1 minute or until steak has browned. Turn with tongs and place the pan straight into the oven for 12 minutes for a perfect medium rare.
3. Remove the steak from the skillet, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.