- 1 pound white potatoes, small, washed and cut in half or quartered
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss potatoes with salt and olive oil, herbs and pepper flakes. Place potatoes in oven and roast until golden brown about 30 minutes turning often to encourage even browning. Serve.
This unassuming tuber has gotten a bad rap over the years, many people avoid it because it is "white" and of course everything white must be evil like flour, white rice etc. While most of those items do tend to be low in nutrients, the potato however is not. Having almost double the potassium as the banana, it also contains a good amount of vitamin C, B vitamins and other minerals such as Iron depending on the soil it comes from. While I would not place this food in an all star food list I would not avoid it either.