Potato Cakes with Green Onions and Sprouts
Makes: 15 cakes
- 1/2 pound yukon gold potato
- 1½ cups alfalfa sprouts
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup ghee
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup yogurt, organic plain whole milk, optional
1. Run the potatoes through a food processor or use a cheese grater. Roll the potatoes in a towel squeeze to extract the excess moisture. You can also use cheesecloth. You just want them to be very dry.
2. Combine sprouts, eggs, salt and onion. Work in the potatoes until they are completely coated.
3. Add enough ghee to the skillet so that it’s about ¼ inch deep, and then heat it over a medium high heat until it is shimmering.
4. Drop ¼ cup of the mixture into the skillet and let it sizzle. Cook it for about 2 minutes, until the edges are golden and crispy. Then flip.
5. When cooked on both sides, remove from the skillet and place on a towel to remove the excess oil. Serve with a spoonful of yogurt on top (optional), garnish with green onions and fresh ground pepper.