- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, and yellow, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, organic, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried kelp, granules
- 10 eggs
* You will need a non stick skillet that can go easily from stove top to oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In 1 tablespoon butter, sauté onions, mushrooms, peppers, parsley, salt, pepper and kelp until juices have been released and mushrooms begin to brown.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add vegetables to egg mixture and stir well. Clean pan and coat well with 2 tablespoons butter. Heat pan to medium heat and add egg and vegetable mixture. Cook over medium heat scrapping the bottom of the pan occasionally to incorporate cooked egg from the bottom of the pan into the mixture.
- When the egg mixture begins to thicken but is still runny on top, place skillet into oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the frittata is firm and the eggs have been cooked through.
- Cool slightly, cut into wedges and serve.
Eggs, a complete protein source, are enhanced with veggies and kelp to give it a salty flavor and a boost of nutrients. This dose of kelp supplies the body with 100% its daily needs for iodine. This vegetable frittata is a great breakfast choice and a very Good Decision for the health of your thyroid.